During the restoration of the steam locomotives the MECALPER workshops were visited by representatives of the government, the regional administration, the provincial administration and the local town council. Such was the curiosity generated by the restoration that there were almost daily visits and it even attracted the interest of local schools.
- The Foundation “City of Energy” entrusts the restoration of the Wagner locomotive No. 9 to the MECALPER company.
- Following an investment of €175,000 the North American Baldwin locomotive No. 8 called “Ponferrada”
- In 2004 a small railway carriage was restored
- MECALPER have been chosen to feature in the book “Personajes relevantes del Bierzo,”
- Visited by representatives of the government